AP Intermediate I year Model Question Papers
MODEL QUESTION PAPER
ENGLISH – PART – III
Paper – I
Time : 3 hours Max. Marks : 100
1. Annotate with reference to the context any three of the following passages : 3 x 5 = 15 Marks
a) Let us not slip the occasion, whether scorn or satiate fury field it from our foe.
b) Leave the nightingale her shady wood; a privacy of glorious light is thine;
c) And pity from three more dear than that from another.
(d) He has his winter too of pale misfeatures, or else he would forgo his mortal nature.
(e) And I sunned it with smiles, and with soft deceitful wiles.
2. Answer any one of the following 1 x 10 = 10 marks
(a) Show how Shakespeare glorifies the permanence of spiritual love in his poem, “Let me not to the Marriage of True Minds”?
(b) How does Keats describe the evolution of human mind in terms of the seasons in Nature ?
3. Answer any one of the following 1 x 10 = 10 marks
a) Why is Blake angry with his friend ?
b) Sketch the character of the Duke in the poem, “My Last Duches”?
4. Answer any one of the following 1 x 10 = 10 marks
a) How does Goldsmith bring out the sufferings of the poor in his essay, “A City Night-Piece”?
b) Show how Priestly is bitterly critical of student vandalism.
5. Answer any one of the following. 1 x 10 = 10 marks
a) How does Hazlitt warn his son not to be prejudiced against his fellow students ?
b) Describe how Raicharan sacrifices everything for the sake of his master in Tagore’s short story, My Lord, the Baby.
6. Answer any one of the following. 1 x 10 = 10 marks
a) ‘Edward Hyde is essentially a man of evil’. Elucidate.
b) Sketch the character of Henry Jekyll.
c) Discuss Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde as a psychological thriller.
7. Write short notes on any three of the following not exceeding 10 lines each. 3 x 5 = 15 marks
a) The qualities of truth according to Bacon.
b) The cruelty of roasting young pigs in Lamb’s view.
c) The future of Civilization according to Huxley.
d) Student’s demonstrations as Huxley looks at them.
e) The character of Anukul in Tagore’s “My Lord, the Baby.”
f) The city at night in Goldsmith’s experience.
8. Write short notes on any four of the following not exceeding 10 lines each. 4 x 5 = 20 marks
c) Dramatic Monologue
d) Comedy or Tragedy
f) Short Story
Tags: AP Intermediate 1st year Model Question Papers Download ap inter 1st year Model Question Papers Download